Relaxed Luxe Styled Shoot
Oh, how we love ALL things sparkly… if you did not know this by now, then where have you been hiding?
So when a few pictures of this sparkly little number landed in our inbox, you must know we squealed a little and just knew we had to see more! With a dress like that, surely the rest of the styled shoot would be just as amazing… and oh were we right!
A women-led team pulled together the most beautiful styled shoot, incorporating moody tones with a little pop of pastel colours… and that dress just compliments it ALL!
We caught up with some of the magic makers behind this shoot, and they are sharing their thoughts on how everything came together and they brought the WOW factor!
The Relaxed Luxe shoot is about marrying nature with utter luxury, the dramatic landscapes and architectural details of the venue juxtaposed with the intricacy and excess of the dresses and decor.
– Elli-Nicole Bridal Atelier
When it comes to styling the perfect table-scape, one must always factor in all elements of design… so we focused on a beautiful combination of lines, shapes, spaces, forms, textures and colours. Beaurain Venue is such a beautiful space to work in and we feel that our flower and décor design complimented the style of their venue effortlessly.
– Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling For this look, we chose colours that would reflect the Relaxed Luxe style and ultimately complement the space we were in. We used rich jewel tones like our emerald green table runner, paired with black and gold cutlery to add contrast. We softened the look with mocha and cream coloured candles, pastel blooms and natural Pampas grass. Our stone linen napkins were paired with a soft mauve accent napkin, keeping it true to Pronkertjie’s signature design style.
– Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling
The bouquet was filled with import roses, carnations, peonies and bleached Pampas grass. This gave the bouquet a more relaxed feel, allowing the gorgeous sequin gown from Elli Nicole to really stand out. *Tip for all the brides to be – your bouquet should be a compliment to your dress and not something that overpowers it.
– Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling The modern décor items from All Things Wedding were carefully selected to enhance the relaxed luxe feel we wanted to create, leaving it up to the soft & whimsy florals and black candles to add some romance. The delicate glassware with its fine gold rim lent sophistication to the table setting, while the use of tall metal candlesticks spoke to the form and lines within the space. – Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling
The place setting was well rounded with a combination of two sets of modern cutlery, creating interest for all who have an eye for fine detail. I-Do Creative Concepts designed the stationery with the same thought in mind; elegant yet relaxed. Opting to use off-white handmade paper with a soft watercolour design resembling the colours from our natural Pampas grass, paired with a simple black font adding texture and contrast to the table so effortlessly.
– Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling
As a women-led small business, we love working with other strong women in the creative industry so when the brilliant design talent, Elli Nicole, reached out to us for this collaboration we were over the moon! It was such an incredible bonus that this shoot turned out to be completely female-driven from the spectacular venue to the gorgeous dresses, magnificent flower and decor arrangements, exquisite models and perfect makeup looks from some of the best creatives in the industry. Wild & Co.’s passion for human connection and raw emotion means that we tend to move away from an over-posed style to a focus on capturing the in-between moments, where the real magic happens. In our search for authenticity, we always end up finding the natural beauty that exists in every human interaction.
Thanks to the incredible work of this powerful team, everything came together exactly how we envisioned and this bold editorial luxe collection with our signature muted earthy tones was a great success.
– Wild & Co. Photography
Please excuse us as we take the rest of the day to stare at this beauty of a styled shoot!
A big congratulations to all involved in this amazing collaboration, please continue making magical moments like these!
Venue: Beaurain Venue
Flowers and Styling: Pronkertjie Flower & Décor Styling
Photographer: Wild & Co. Photography
Dress: Elli-Nicole Bridal
Make-up: Anna Pepper Make-Up Artist
Décor: All Things Wedding
Stationery: I-Do Creative Concepts
Models: Tebogo Ratau (“Bride”) & Tebogo Dikotla (“Groom”)