The Hooray Christmas Party 2015
At the beginning of December, Hooray Weddings hosted it’s very first networking party in celebration of the end of the year. We have such an awesome crowd of people in Durban whom we only know via the internet or see in passing while working at weddings. We believe that these wonderful people deserve to be celebrated, and the relationships nurtured. It is for this reason that we hosted a little par-tay. The Hooray Christmas party was a huge success and we were thrilled at the number of RSVPs we received. We had a whopping 110 wedding industry professionals attend. Turns out even wedding suppliers need a reason to party at the end of the year, and we gave them a good one.
The event took place at The Distillery031 – a distillery/event space housed in an old warehouse situated in the new and vibey area of Station Drive. Guests were welcomed on a stinking hot Durban day to chilled vodka lemonades. Some of us enjoyed these very very much! 🙂 The perfect compliment to The Distillery cocktails, was the food served by Funny Bunny in the form of South African street food. Think gourmet Pineapple bacon jam burgers, Asian wors rolls, lamb bunny chows. The food was enjoyed so much that it was barely make it’s way out of the kitchen before being gobbled up.
It was wonderful to have the opportunity to socialise with people who we have worked with over the year and get to know them on a personal level. And we were so pleased to see new friendships being forged. This evening would not have been possible without the help of some incredible people. We would like to take a moment to recognise them and offer some praise.
- Kezia from Make-me up Kezia for transforming us into reasonable looking humans for the evening . Without you we would have arrived as hot mess!
- Gitta and Liesel from Glee Projects for the amazing stationary they provided for the evening. We are mad over the gold foil details and can’t wait to see what they have up their sleeves for 2016.
- Kim from Crystal & Vine and Carolyn from Adore Weddings for the amazing lighting/foliage installation – the installation was a great focal point to the room and really glammed up the space.
- Joelene from Oh Happy Day. Thank you for being our wing woman and amazing friend. You did a lot of running around, allowing us to spend some time chatting to our guests. We are so grateful.
- Andrew from The Distillery 031 for allowing us to host our event in this amazing space and Jordan&Nat of Funny Bunny who run the kitchen and delivered amazing cuisine.
- Shannon (from Derryn Schmidt Photography) and Tamara (from Christy Hosking Photography) for being our amazing assistants and snapping away at the party. All the images below are credited to them. Thank you for doubling up and adding a bit of business to the pleasure.
- The gorgeous video at the top of this page was done by The Shank Tank, who were literally still sweating from the job they had raced from to be with us. You are our heroes. For reals!
- Thank you Nje for serenading us, and Dj Fuego Heat for pumping your tunes and getting the party going.
- Megan and Brett (Not Gareth as I called him all night) from Aisle Hire It for the SUPER fun photo booth and love sign.
Last but not least, to all of the people who contributed to the goodie bags and offered prizes… The Coffee Mag, ProAlbums, Nadia Van Der Mescht, The Ashley Knight Company, Lauren Batchelor Jewellery, The Gus Brown Band, Drama Beauty Salon, Dial a picnic.
To view more photos from this fun event, check out the hashtag #hooraychristmasbash. And if you are a wedding Industry professional and would like to attend the next event, please leave your website and email address in the comments section below. This first event was invite only for people whom we had worked with over the year, but the next one will be open to ALL wedding industry professionals. We look forward to expanding our professional network and making some new friends.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who supported our event and came to celebrate the end of the year with us. You were specifically invited because you have played a role in the success of our venture as we will be eternally grateful. We consider Hooray Weddings to be a community now and you will always be a part of it.
Christy & Derryn
If you are a wedding industry professional and would like to be notified of any workshops or events, please sign up to our mailing list here and we’ll be sure to keep you informed.